For those who know me, know I love travelling and that I’m a keen advocate for responsible travel and am massively against plastic pollution.
Since it is World Oceans Day, I thought I would write a post about it and hopefully spread the importance of keeping our oceans clean from one of the most damaging materials that the human race has produced…
The day is an important reminder to all of us about our plastic consumption and how much of it ends up in our oceans every single day, whilst raising awareness of what an important job the oceans play in sustaining our home, our planet.
Some scary facts for you…
- Fish in the middle depths of the northern Pacific Ocean are ingesting as much as 24,000 tonnes of plastic each year.
- Plastics are estimated to represent almost 80% of the total marine debris floating in the world’s oceans.
- On average, 46,000 pieces of plastic are swirling in each square mile of our oceans
267 species around the world are harmed by plastic.
- 86% of sea turtles, 44% of seabirds and 43% of ocean mammals ingest or become tangled in plastic.
- Every year, at least one million birds and 100,000 sharks, turtles, dolphins and whales die from eating plastic.
- 10 millions tonnes of plastic end up in our sea every year.
- We’ve produced more plastic in the last 10 years than we did in the whole of the last century.
- Plastic bags are used for an average of 12 minutes but last over 1000 years.
- A plastic bottle will last more than 450 years if left on the beach.
- Less than 5% of plastics are recycled worldwide.
- 8.7 plastic shopping bags contain enough embodied petroleum to drive a car 1KM.
Millions and millions of plastic water bottles are thrown away every year, filling landfills and seriously polluting our environment!
How can you as an individual help to put a stop to this madness?
It’s simple… Stop buying plastic bottles.
We are extremely proud to announce we have teamed up with Puritii Water which offers a fantastic solution to plastic pollution on our planet.
Puritii water filter system provides safe clean water by removing pesticides, bacteria, viruses, heavy metals, chlorine, fluoride and many other contaminants.
Just one Puritii portable filter equals 450 plastic water bottles….. If 50,000 people were to use this portable system this year, we can stop 135 million plastic water bottles from entering our oceans and our landfills….
This is an incredible start to saving our planet and a movement I am firmly behind! It’s not enough anymore to ‘recycle’ plastic waste, we need to remove it altogether.
If you don’t do anything else today… Watch the video below and consider purchasing your Puritii Filter. Not only do you help save the planet by reducing plastic pollution, you also save money on water meaning you can spend that money on travelling more.
To purchase your Puritii Water Filter System and put an end to Plastic pollution.
Follow this link -> End Plastic Pollution With Puritii
Share to get this message spread.